If you had any doubts about the significance of personal injury situations in today’s landscape, take a brief moment to peruse some the salient facts and figures shown below:
- During the past year alone, over 1.2 million people missed work due to injuries or maladies, adding up to over 30 million missed workdays altogether.
- More than 2,500 UK citizens have died from mesothelioma since 2015.
- Over 600,000 on-the-job injuries were reported during the last 12 months.
- Poor work conditions and negligence lawsuits cost UK companies over £14 billion on an annual basis.
- Over 500,000 people in the UK live with long-term disabilities as a result of traumatic head injuries.
- Across the United Kingdom, a person is injured by a third party approximately once every eight hours.
As you might imagine by now, the odds of facing a personal injury scenario are stacked against you, which is why it’s in your best interests to be proactive by evaluating the local legal landscape long before an accident, catastrophe, or misfortune has a chance to occur. Fortunately for you, you can use this brief article as a checklist of sorts to help separate the contenders from the pretenders during your research.
Authorised and Regulated
If you happen to be assessing the local personal injury claim specialists in Yorkshire, for instance, it’s important to ensure that every legal team on your shortlist is endorsed, certified, and regulated by the proper agencies. In this regard, you’ll want to highlight the firms that are accredited and controlled by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
To do this, simply confirm the presence of a dedicated SRA number, which is usually found in the fine print on the bottom of the organisation’s homepage.
Due to the fact that remuneration is usually the focal point of any personal injury case, you’ll obviously want to hire a legal team that can tout a longstanding history of winning cases and obtaining lucrative compensation for their clients. With this notion in mind, it’s in your best interests to make sure that your entire shortlist is comprised only of legal teams that average over £2,500 of compensation per claim.
An Onus on Affordability
Regardless of whether you find yourself in the midst of an assault case, medical negligence scenario, or car accident claim, you’ll want to have access to top-notch legal assistance without having to pay over the top along the way. Following this train of thought, it’s worth mentioning that the most reputable and renowned legal teams tend to offer the following:
- An easily accessible online enquiry portal, ideally with a 24-hour response time
- Free no-obligation consultations and advice
- No-win, no-fee promise (if the lawyer doesn’t win the case, you don’t owe anyone a single pound)
With this informative checklist at your disposal, you’re fully prepared to start scrutinising and screening the local legal teams in your proximity. But make sure that you print out this brief article and bring it to your consultations; it’ll help you stay focused on the pertinent details that truly matter.